Step right this way and have a look at the future of egress emergency lighting – Waylighter!
This low level egress system provides a concealed, vandal-resistant LED emergency light able to project uniform illumination along the egress corridor, with spacings up to 50-feet on center. A mere 18” above floor level, Waylighter continues to guide the route to safety even in heavy smoke conditions. Importantly, Waylighter eliminates distracting glare and light blockage, problems associated with traditional ceiling, or wallmounted emergency lights.
Waylighter, when used in conjunction with our low-level mounted exit signs and Waymarking system, offers the ultimate emergency lighting solution.
Waylighter is the first high performance emergency luminaire to meet the preferred egress lighting method described in Section A.188.8.131.52 in the NFPA 101 Life Safety Code Guide.
Approved for use in New York City, Calendar number 51285.
- Recessed Wall mounted – just 18” above floor level
- Low profile – hinged door only 3.25” high x 7.5” wide
- Unique unidirectional drive with free floating actuation ensures free movement of door, providing trouble free operation
- Concealed mounting hardware and tamper resistant door
- Rugged 1/8” die cast aluminum housing – durable and vandal resistant
- Durable white powder coat textured finish (Easily field-painted or wall papered to further blend into your environment)
- Modular assembly and quick connector wiring for fast installation and easy maintenance
- Microprocessor controlled circuit accurately calculates the door open and closed position and does not rely on preset limit switches, gears, or clutches
- Multipurpose back box suitable for installation in existing and new construction
- Solid state microprocessor controlled circuitry also includes line latch, brownout and battery LVCO
- Automatic, discreet monthly Self-Testing/ Self-Diagnostics, monitors lamp load, transfer circuit, battery capacity, door operation and motor drive
- Choice of maintenance free Lead Calcium, or Nickel Cadmium batteries
- 2 Hour run time is standard for Lead Calcium and Nickel Cadmium batteries
- Infrared remote receiver enables remote testing with optional transmitter
- Optional Hand-held remote transmitter with selectable 30-second or 90-minute emergency test to ensure code compliance
- Discreet manual test switch and AC indicator light, test switch can initiate a 30 second or 90 minute test
- Field Selectable 120 or 277 VAC 60 HZ input
- Purpose designed for optimum corridor illumination
- Precise LED optics and fixed Mirror arrangement ensures optimal light distribution without requirement for user field adjustment
- High output LED’s (311 absolute lumens )provide unparalleled spacing in low level mounting applications with just 11 watts total load
- 50’ spacing on center over 4’ path of egress meets NFPA requirements
- ADA compliant design – with door full open at only 2-3/8” in the emergency mode
- Meets or exceeds all performance standards as required by NFPA 101 Life Safety Code, NFPA 70-NEC and OSHA
- Tested, Approved and listed by Underwriters Laboratories Inc. to UL924 and CSA C22-2 No.141-10
- Approved for use in New York City, Calendar Number 51285