EMS – Emergency Micro Power Inverters
The EMS Series is designed to provide 20- to 55- Watts of emergency power to incandescent, fluorescent, and/or LED fixtures. The EMS unit provides clean, sinusoidal AC output power allowing it to be remotely mounted up to 1,000 feet away from the controlled fixture(s).
Unlike a ballast fluorescent emergency pack, the EMS provides power to the input side of the fixture, (including the ballast) eliminating any chance of incompatibility.
- For powering incandescent, fluorescent, and LED fixtures
- True sinusoidal AC pulse width modulated (PWM) design provides clean 60 Hz. emergency output
- Universal 120/277 VAC, 60Hz. input/output
- Unit capacities from 20 to 55 Watts
- “Soft Start” design reduces fixture inrush current
- Surface, recessed or T-Grid mount models
- Lumen output from fixture is 100% of nominal
- Unique design eliminates compatibility problems with LED drivers as well as fluorescent ballasts
- Normally-ON, Normally-OFF or switched outputs
- Temperature compensated, dual-mode charger includes low voltage disconnect feature to provide protection against battery deep discharge
- Maintenance-free Lead-Calcium and premium grade Nickel-Cadmium battery models offered
- Control panel with momentary test switch, AC-ON, Charge-ON and Inverter-ON LED indicators
- Battery circuit fuse protected
- Reverse battery and AC lockout protection
- Knockouts in back
- White powder coat finish
- Voltage: 120 or 277VAC ± 10%.
- Frequency: 120 or 277VAC ± 10%.
- Protection: Provided by Service Panel, Rated 20A max.
- Voltage: 120 or 277VAC (60Hz)
- Efficiency Rating: 98% at full rate load (line)
- Waveform: Sinusoidal (digitally controlled, PWM design)
- Static Voltage: ± 5% during battery discharge. 0-100% linear load
- Output Frequencies: 60 Hz ± 0.3Hz during emergency cycle
- Output Distortion: Less than 3% THD (linear load)
- Transfer Time: Less than 1.0 second
- Load Power Factor Range: 0.44 Lead to 0.44 Lag
- Minimum Loading: 0% of rated system capacity
- Output Protection: Inverter fuse
- Power Consumption (max): 9W
- Heavy duty steel cabinet has a white powder coat finish providing scratch and corrosion resistance.
- Surface Mount: Surface mount models are designed for mounting to walls by means of keyhole slots provided in the back of the unit housing.
- Recess Mount: Recess models provide recess mounting holes on both sides of the enclosure.
- T-Grid Mount: Housing design allows simple drop-in installation between t-grid runs. Safety wires (supplied by others) are required for attachment to building structure.
- Unit: 3 years full coverage against defects in materials and workmanship from date of shipment.
- Battery: 3 years (Lead-Acid – 5 years NiCd) full warranty plus an additional 7 years of pro-rata coverage.
- All models are UL924 Listed and meet NFPA 101 Life Safety Code, NEC, OSHA, Local and State Codes. Optional T-Grid models are plenum rated.